Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lemongrass

September 5, 2013

I've been to Lemongrass many times before, but not recently. When I arrived I realized they had redone the inside. Gone is the more intimate feel and now there is a very spacious feeling. It's okay, but I was seated in the middle of the mostly-empty room and so felt a bit agoraphobic. The server was very personable and was training a new worker, so I felt a bit pampered. After looking over the menu I mentioned I was a vegetarian, and he brought me a whole veggie menu! Kudos for that, and it's enough to make me want to frequent them more often. There really were very many veggie options. http://www.lemongrassfusion.com/

Though I was perplexed as to why the Lemongrass soup was not listed on the vegetarian menu, when he insisted there was no meat stock or anything else in it. Well, next time. I ordered the corn soup, a kind of cream soup of sweet potatoes, celery, onions, corn, and carrots. It was good, but not as tasty as I'd hoped. A good dose of garlic would help it and something else...not sure. It came with one of those great fried biscuits that I was craving. It was hot enough heatwise to make my nose run, but the flavor was lacking, so 3.5/5.

 
The vegetable dumplings came next, filled with chives, carrots and ginger soy dressing. They reminded me of a savory mochi, kind of gummy but not necessarily in a bad way. Just not excellent. The sauce was very tasty and it all held together, but I don't think I'd get it again. 3.5/5



The veggie spring rolls were about as I expected: fried, filled with veggies, standard mustard and sweet sauces, shredded carrots. Not overly much, but it is an appetizer. Average. 3.5/5


Overall I'd say 3.5/5, though I know Lemongrass has been more impressive. On retrospect a salad would have been a good substitution for the spring rolls. Well, there's more to explore here.

No comments:

Post a Comment